This Blog will consist of all the work I have done in my AS Media Studies, that has contributed to making my final music magazine


'Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes'
Mahatma Ghandi

Which music magazine has the best slogan?

Friday 16 April 2010

Work Experience



This week I had an amazing opportunity that really benefited me on building more inventive ideas on how to expand and evaluate my magazine. I was able to do work experience at ‘LIVE’ magazine. The magazine covers a broad amount of issues in society, from politics to music. I was able to work on the magazines music section. This enabled me to read through the drafts of the magazine and suggest changes, additionally I wrote an album review for Rudi Zygadlo’s album (due to be released in May 2010) which will be in the actual print of the magazines next issue. I’m a fan of dubstep and this made writing the review easier. I worked on several other activities such as creating a ‘LIVE’ hand book, being photographed for the magazine, attending meetings and emailing, phoning and sending addressed letters to external institutes that support the magazine.

Doing work experience at ‘LIVE’ allowed me to see the day to day running of a real magazine and what goes into editing, creating and distributing a magazine.

Working with the writing team helped me understand how to write in many different styles that attract and reaches out to a particular target audience (in this case young adults).

The HQ was really stylish and they used the latest equipment (Macintosh OS X hardware and software) that I loved!

This is the daily political poll I created and I also created another section that stated the Manifesto of each political party(see above).

Everyone in the office got involved, the question caused a bit of a stir, as you can see, a comments section had to be added!

No comments:

Post a Comment